Pages

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

School | Lifestyle | Happiness

Back at school. Everyone is posting adorable pictures of their kids back in school. Since I have yet to enroll Finn in school, I guess it's just Dustin and me this semester. - No we didn't take pictures with our new backpacks, in fact we didn't even get new backpacks.  (- Making a note to put together new backpacks and back-to-school supplies!) It's times like these that I get a little twinge of regret that I'm not a parent - c'est la vie.

So I'm back in school, working full-time for Kirkwood and .75% for Aventa. So much for moving back home to slow things down a bit. And there's the rub. How does lifestyle intersect with happiness? I pictured working 40 hrs a week, learning to cook, gardening, taking long walks with my dog and overall taking time to smell the Quaker oats factory in town. If you're from here you know what I'm talking about, if your not...well you should definitely come visit, but please don't judge us by our factory smells.

Here's what I know for sure. I'm happy. I'm busy. I don't always get to do all of the things that I want to do. I'm enjoying time with my family. I'm enjoying time with Dustin. I miss my California friends and family.

Perhaps this is what happiness is? If so, it ain't bad. ;-)

No comments: